End of intros and first few days at home

Apologies for the lack of posting but the end of intros and moving in was hectic and full on. It is 11.55pm and I have finally sat down and am able to type this up.

The theme for the end of intros and first few days at home are pretty similar. Lots of amazingly lovely times with feeling of bonding and love growing with big moments of being tested and pushed and thing what the hell are we doing!! Those moments are brief and totally outnumbered by the good stuff.

the hardest moment has been driving away from the foster home - the look on the foster carers face broke my heart then asking LO if he was sad and he breaking into massive sobs was so hard to watch. I was sitting in the back of the car with LO and could only cuddle him and say it was good to cry and that he was so brave. Speaking to the foster carer later in the day she was so upset it was really tricky. They have really giving our little one the start in life his birth family couldn't.

If I thought the roller coaster of adoption was tough before introductions it is NOTHING compared to the roller coaster of introductions and the moving in.

Comments

  1. I hear you. We are about to finish intros today and it has been an emotional roller coaster- I have never been so exhausted. I am so glad it worked out for you in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Third assessment session done

I think we're matched .....

Day four