Prep Group - session 1

Just got home after our first day of prep group.

Really interesting day with a huge amount of info given over. It was mainly sitting a listening today with the day being split into sessions on who the children in care are. Abuse and it affects. Attachment. then there was supposed to be a session on medical histories but the Dr couldn't make it last minute. In a way I was glad because by that point I had reached information overload.

The group were fun and fairly mixed. Two older couples each with birth children, one older woman looking to adopt on her own. Three 30 something straight couple and us. Good cross section of experiences and wants.

I will try and go into more detail after the course is finished and I have had time to process it all. The main thing that struck me today was how hard it must be for younger straight couple to go thru this process. The impact on the women must be huge and there emotional desire to give birth. It must be difficult for them to hear about birth mothers giving up children. It is a huge presumption and note back up by any fact - and in no way would I mean to offend anyone who reads this - but it was just a feeling I had today.

All in all a great day with some amazing information. Very much looking forward to tomorrow - and in need of a quiet night in front of the fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third assessment session done

I think we're matched .....

End of intros and first few days at home