Next session (lost count)

Not had a chance to get my thoughts down after last session. Will try to now.

SW has given us the CRP of the 10 year old boy who we are interested in to see if we may want to go further with him once we're approved. Ben has been worried about having an older child and missing out on some of the play and bonding with a younger one. It was a tense week building up to getting the report and we were trying to second guess what it might say. Actually reading it there is nothing major in it. Neglected by his BP but not abused as such. He also seems to form attachments well and is desperate for a family. Obviously we need more info but we've desided that we're still interested and would like to proceed with him.

We also started talking about how we will parent wich is a funny thing. Although we've spoken generally about it we've not sat down and articulated it fully. Feels like we're coming to the end of our home visits which is scary. We have been sent the last sections to fill in, all our references are sorted if not all interviewed and we have our observation booked in for half term.

It's really hard not to get too drawn into this young man who we are keen on and still try to be generic with our answers. I'm worried that something will happen that means we won't get matched with him. I know deep down that that means there is a better match out there but I feel very emotionally attached to him. I know with a bit of time I would move on but from here I don't want to, I want to give this boy a home where he can develop and feel secure. It's a tough process when you become child focused. We spoke about wether it is a good thing to see profile before approval - I'm not sure, it might have been easier not to have this pressure whilst trying to think of the overall picture. But if it means we get matched with this boy then I guess it's a good thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third assessment session done

I think we're matched .....

End of intros and first few days at home