All quiet on the western front

Just thought I'd do a quick update .... Although it is an update and not having anything to update about. Does that even make sense?

Our SW has no retired and we have been assigned another SW who we've met and knows us etc. so all is good with that. We haven't heard from her yet, not unusual I'm sure but it's a funny feeling and I thought it worth describing on here.

Getting to panel is this big thing, very focused and with a lot of contact. It's tiring and seems like a steep hill to climb. Before we got there we were thinking how nice it would be to get approved then "get back to normal". To not be so focused on adoption. But the truth is I think about it everyday and I want to start reading kids reports. I want us to be matched and have a child ASAP. I kind of pretend its good to have so time but the truth is I want the momentum to keep going. It ironic really as I think in the beginning we thought that getting a child would e the end of this year early 2014 but now we're approved it can't come soon enough. We talk about fate and when the right kid comes along etc but I just want to get on with it! Having to resist the urge to hassle the new SW as I know she's not forgotten about us and s extremely busy. I imagine that the matching bit is the time we get the least (obvious) attention. Pre panel there is a big focus on getting the report written within the times set down by government and I guess once placed there will be lots of people checking in to make sure it's work. Think the bit is more vague. Once our three months are up we an be more proactive so I guess it's just tie to relax and think about decorating, spending time with friends and lie ins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third assessment session done

I think we're matched .....

Day four